Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Potatoes
Fall, or should I say winter, snuck up on us without warning this week! I went into full fledge hibernation mode digging out the gloves, hand warmers, scarfs and winter coat. It pained me to do so and I shed a little tear thinking about the warm days of summer.
However, there are "good" things about cold weather. Two of my favorite are fireplaces and soup, hopefully, which are enjoyed together. We love our fireplace and it gets well loved during the cold months. All I was craving last week was warm soup, in particular, broccoli cheddar. Which was strangely convenient, not that I had any on hand or made it, but because these little Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Potatoes did the trick.
These twice baked potatoes received an upgraded healthy version just in time for my craving to hit. We love having a loaded baked potatoes and salad for dinner. It is easy, healthy and we usually always have all ingredients on hand to make. I swapped a couple ingredients out for some new and loaded them with broccoli.
These have way less butter than original twice baked potatoes, non-fat Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and just a quarter cup of milk (I used whole since that is what we keep in the house but you could you any cows milk you have. I wouldn't recommend using an almond, soy or nut milk--it alters the flavor slightly and thinks cows milk works best for this). I went for a cheddar cheese this round but you could use whatever melty cheese you like! I prefer to buy it in a block and shred myself, it melts better in my option.
This recipe isn't complicated but it does take a while to bake. Pop them in the oven and use your 45-60 minutes to get others things finished. Once they are cool enough to handle, throw everything together, mash, restuff and bake for another 10 minutes. Perfect time to prepare a salad.
Cozy up this week with your loved ones by the fire and enjoy Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Potatoes that will be sure to warm your belly and your soul. Enjoy!
Need more warmth for your cold bones? Look no further and add this to your weekly cold weather rotation ASAP!Print
Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Potatoes
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
Twice baked potatoes get a healthy upgrade. These Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Potatoes are loaded with veggies and flavor and pair perfectly with a salad for dinner.
- 4 Baking Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- ½ Cup Non-fat Greek Yogurt
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1 Pound Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Head Broccoli
- 4 Green Onions
- ¾ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Chives & Bacon for Garnish, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash potatoes and lay on a baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Rub until coated and bake for 45-60minutes, for until a fork can easily be pierced all the way through.
- While potatoes are baking slice green onions finely, chop broccoli into small pieces without much stalk and shred the cheddar cheese. Set aside until ready to use.
- Once potatoes are cooked, let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice baked potatoes long ways and scoop the insides out into large bowl. Be sure to leave enough around the edges the skins still hold their shape. Place skins back on baking sheet.
- With a potato masher (or an electric mixture), mash potatoes. Add butter and greek yogurt and mash until combined.
- Slowly add in milk and stir until creamy.
- Add in garlic powder, salt & pepper. Stir till combined.
- Add in green onions and broccoli and mixed until well combined. Add in about ¾ of the cheese, leaving the rest for topping, and stir until just mixed.
- Scoop out mixture and place into each potato skin until all are evenly filled and the entire mixture is used. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and place back into the oven to cook for 10 more minutes, or until center is hot and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and enjoy! Serve with chopped bacon and chives on top if desired.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 70 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 half potato
- Calories: 339
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 693.4 mg
- Fat: 20.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 17.6 g
- Cholesterol: 61.8 mg
Keywords: Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Potatoes