Carrot cake loaf with maple glaze is the perfect quick bread to make this spring! So tender and perfectly balanced with the hint of orange. And let's please not forget the maple glaze that steals the show. If you love carrot cake then you're going to love this easy quick bread loaf!
Raise your hand if you have been a part of the bread-making craze that has hit the past 2 months ?♀️ I for sure have! If you need one more idea to add to your bread baking list, this carrot cake loaf needs to go on it now!
Listen, quick bread is a beautiful thing. No yeast. No rising time. No waiting time. No making bread allllll day. While there is totally nothing wrong with that and I love it when I want to, there is such simple beauty in a 1 bowl recipe that's ready in an hour!
How To Make Carrot Cake Loaf
- In a large bowl add brown sugar and oil and mix for about a minute.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, sour cream, orange juice, and zest and mix until combined.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and all of the spices. Mix just until no flour remains visible and everything is incorporated together.
- Peel carrots and shred on the second finest grate on a cheese grater. Place shredded carrots into the bowl. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the carrots and stir until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Spray a loaf pan liberally with baking spray and pour in the batter making sure it is even across the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 60 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes and then remove from the loaf pan and place on a cooling rack until fully cooled.
Once the carrot cake loaf is fully cooled, you better believe you will be topping it with a maple glaze to send it over the edge!
Powdered sugar, maple syrup, and cream.
Whisk until it is thick and luscious and pour that goodness over the top and let it trickle down the sides.
Finger licking is 100% approved in this situation! ?
What Happens if I Baked This Loaf for the Instructed Amount of Time But The Middle Still Was Undercooked?
Everyone's oven can be slightly off. One of the things I love in our kitchen is having an oven thermometer to make sure it is actually heating up to the temperature I want it to be at.
I have this one (*affiliate link) and it's great.
So you may need a little more cooking time for your loaf. This is a very thick, moist, and heavy batter so the cooking time is long.
PRO TIP: To see if your carrot cake loaf is finished and cooked all the way through in the middle, check the center for doneness by sticking a toothpick in the middle of the batter. If the toothpick comes out "clean" with only a few crumbs on it the loaf is done. If the toothpick comes out with batter on it place it back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until the middle is cooked through and a toothpick comes out clean.
Can I Use a Bag of Pre-shredded Carrots Instead of Having to Shred 2 Cups of Carrots Myself?
I know it is kinda a hassle and you're doing to get a major arm workout grating all the carrots but I find this way is best.
I peel all of my carrots and then grate on the second finest hole on my cheese grater *.
This way gives the best texture of carrots for this cake. The shreds aren't too big nor are they dried out (like they would be using bagged shredded carrots).
Take the extra 5 minutes to do this. You will be glad you did.
Can I Make This Loaf Into Muffins?
Um, YES PLEASE!
Also, a muffin is technically a quick bread, so same same but different.
And in that case, since they are the same thing, all quick bread can be turned into muffins.
All you need to do is:
- Scoop the batter into a muffin tin lined with cupcake liners (or grease them very well and you won’t need to use a liner).
- Fill each tin about ¾ the way full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes - or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
That is it! Easy peasy!
Can I Freeze Carrot Cake Loaf?
To freeze: prepare carrot cake loaf and let cool completely. Do not add the glaze. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap 3 times (making sure it is completely airtight) and place in the freezer for up to 6 months.
To thaw, place in the fridge for 24 hours. Add the maple glaze right before serving. If you want to enjoy warm, place a slice in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds.Print
Love Other Breads and Desserts? You will Love These Too!
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread – Kodiak Cakes
- Sour Cream Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Bread
- Banana Bread with Peanut Butter Streusel