Chorizo and Veggie Breakfast Hash is loaded with veggies, fruit and spicy chorizo. This one-skillet meal is easy, loaded with flavor and perfect for breakfast, brunch or even dinner!
- 1 Pound Chorizo
- 3 Medium White Potatoes (approx. 3 Cups) - cubed
- 1 Medium Butternut Squash (approx. 4 Cups) - cubed
- 12oz Frozen Pepper & Onion Blend
- 12oz Asparagus - quartered
- 1 Cloves Garlic - minced
- 1 Apple - cubed
- 4 Eggs - fried hard
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 t Sage
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Salsa, guacamole & chive cream for garnish if desired
- In a cast iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat, cook ground chorizo according to package directions (10-15 minutes). Once cooked thoroughly, scoop in a bowl and set aside.
- While the chorizo is browning, cube the butternut squash, potatoes, asparagus, and garlic.
- To the same pan add your onions and peppers (fresh or frozen can be used) & garlic cloves, sauteeing for 5-10 minutes. Add in asparagus (fresh or frozen) and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Scoop into a bowl and set aside.
- Add in olive oil and butternut squash. Cook for 5 minutes then add in potatoes and all seasonings. Add about 1/2 cup of water and cover with lid for another 10 minutes or until potatoes and squash are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid and add in all the ingredients to skillet, stirring to incorporate and turning heat to medium-low. Taste to see if more salt is needed (the chorizo is pretty spicy & salty and I found does not require much added to the recipe--taste before adding).
- In a separate skillet, fry 4 eggs (or 1 for each person serving) however desired.
- Place eggs on top of the skillet hash and remove from heat.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with salsa, guacamole, fresh chives & a chive cream drizzle. Enjoy!
- Nutrition information does not include toppings and garnishes.
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 582
- Sugar: 18.6 g
- Sodium: 804.6 mg
- Fat: 28 g
- Carbohydrates: 58.4 g
- Fiber: 18.3 g
- Protein: 37 g
- Cholesterol: 143 mg
Keywords: Chorizo and Veggie Breakfast Hash