This Cheesy Pepper Pasta is incredibly easy and irresistible. It will instantly become your new favorite pasta dish that you will make weekly!
- 1 Pound (box) of Pasta - Spaghetti
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Salt - plus more
- 8 oz Parmesan Cheese - freshly grated
- 1-2 Teaspoons Freshly Cracked Pepper
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and heavily salt the water (2+ tablespoons). Cook the noodles 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large and deep skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Once melted add in a generous serving of fresh cracked black pepper.
- Ladle about a 1/2 cup of starchy pasta water to the skillet and whisk to combine with butter and pepper.
- Turn the skillet to low heat.
- Drain the pasta into a colander to cool for 1-3 minutes but do not discard the water. Keep the pasta water!
- Begin to whisk in 2-3 cups of freshly grated parmesan cheese to the butter mixture. Add in 1/2 - 1 cup more pasta water and keep whisking until the cheese is melted and incorporated into the butter and water mixture.
- Add in the cooked pasta and toss with tongs making sure to cover all of the pasta.
- Add in 2-3 handfuls of arugula, more pepper and keep tossing to combine. Taste to see if more salt is needed and serve immediately.
- Any leftover parm can be sprinkled on top. Enjoy!
- Use freshly grated parm only. Do not use the Kraft or prepackaged kind, it won't work.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Pasta/Italian
- Serving Size: 1 scoop
- Calories: 368
- Sugar: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 2230.3 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 18.3 g
- Cholesterol: 31.9 mg
Keywords: Cheesy Pepper Pasta