This recipe will turn you into a tofu no matter if you are one or not. This Easy Oven Baked Crispy Tofu satisfies all the snack cravings and it so easy to make! Say hello to your new favorite snack!
- 1 - 15-ounce block of Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1-2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain your tofu and press excess water out on a towel.
- Cut tofu into cubes (see picture attached in the post to see how to slice). It will make 48 large cubes.
- Line a cutting board with a couple paper towels then lay each cube out onto the towels. Place more towels on top of the cubes. Then place another cutting board on top of tofu lined with paper towels. Place a heavy object on top of the boards (like a cast iron skillet) and let sit to drain for 30 minutes.
- After the tofu has time to drain put in a large bowl. Add olive oil and soy sauce and gently toss till all pieces are covered.
- Add in cornstarch, 1 tablespoon at a time. Gently stir so that the cornstarch is distributed over each cube. Add enough that all excess liquid is absorbed.
- Place tofu on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in oven for 25-30 minutes. Halfway through baking time remove and gently toss around the baking sheet to ensure even browning.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt or pink Himalayan salt and enjoy! Best enjoyed hot and fresh.
- Tofu can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. It will not be as crispy once refrigerated.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1/5 block
- Calories: 139
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 92 mg
- Fat: 7.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 12.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Easy Oven Baked Crispy Tofu