Greek salad with roasted chicken is full of fresh veggies, flavor, and so easy to make.
Mediterranean food is truly one of my most favorite foods of all time. All of it! This Greek salad with roasted chicken is something Justin and I eat allllll the time and one of our most favorite things ever!
My family made a very similar version of this salad for their catering business and aside from Kale Salad is a top fav from everyone!
Greek salad with roasted chicken is very simple and easy to make, making it perfect for a weeknight dinner. BUT easily delicious enough to serve at a big dinner party with all the Mediterranean fixings like hummus and olives and feta and wine and omg I am hungry now!
Ingredients Needed for Greek Salad
- Chicken Breasts or Tenderloins
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Pearl Couscous
- Baby Spinach
- Kalamata Olives
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Onion
How to Make Greek Salad with Roasted Chicken
You just need to do a few simple things like roast your chicken, make your couscous and chop your veggies, and then you're finished!
How to Make Roasted Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the internal temp is 165.
- Remove once finished and wait for salad assembly.
- In a large saucepan add in 1 ½ cups of water and bring to a boil on medium-high on the stove.
- Once boiling, add in 1 cup of couscous, butter, and salt. Turn to medium-low. Cover with a lid and cook for 8-10 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed.
- Remove from the stove and fluff with a fork.
Assembling the Greek Salad
- To a large salad bowl add in the spinach.
- Thinly slice the cucumber and red onion, and half the tomatoes and olives.
- Add in the chicken, couscous, cucumber, red onion, tomatoes, and olives to the spinach.
- Serve with tzatziki sauce, hummus, and pita bread.
You can make your own tzatziki sauce (this recipe can be made in 5 minutes and my go-to I make all the time), hummus, and pita bread or you can buy them all from the store to make things even easier.
PRO TIP: Using a mandolin makes thinly slicing the cucmbers and red onions 1000x easier!
What is Greek Chicken Salad?
My version of Greek chicken salad is a simple spinach salad with roast chicken and including the veggies and flavors in a traditional greek salad like cucumbers, red onions, tomatoes, and olives. Feta is also a traditional element to a greek salad and would be perfect for this dish!
I just happen to forget to buy it when I shot this recipe.....opps!
Is Greek Salad Healthy?
Yes! The Mediterranean and greek diet are one of the best in the world! Full of healthy fats and veggies. When we went to Greece it was THE BEST food I have ever put in my mouth.
Everything was so fresh and simple and not processed at all. The flavors were bold and bright and I ate my body weight in kalamata olives and I was not upset about it!
How Many Calories Does a Greek Salad Have?
This salad has 297 calaries per serving. That does not include tzatziki suace, hummus or pita bread.
More Mediterranean Dishes You Will Love
- Easy Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- How to Make an Authentic Greek Frappe [VIDEO]
- Sous Vide Steak Gyros
- How I Ate My Way Through Italy & Greece
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad