Grilled Lemon and Herb Chicken Skewers with Tzatziki Sauce is the perfect summertime meal! Quick, simple, healthy, and so delicious!
Summertime is for seeing how little you can actually turn on your oven….am I right?! All meals made out on the grill for 3 months!
Grilled Lemon and Herb Chicken Skewers are a quick, easy, and healthy dinner that is perfect for weeknights, meal prep, or a dinner party! And we are sending it over the edge by dipping it in tangy homemade tzatziki sauce that will knock your socks of!
Ingredients Needed for Chicken Skewers
- Chicken Breast
- Dijon Mustard
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
Ingredients for Tzatziki Sauce
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
How Do You Make Grilled Lemon and Herb Chicken Skewers
- Slice each chicken breast into 1” strips.
- In a bowl, whisk together the lemon, dijon mustard, olive oil, and spices. Add in the chicken strips. Toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Preheat your grill to 350 degrees.
- Take each chicken strip and gently thread through the skewers.
- Place on the hot grill and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through entirely.
- Remove from the grill and enjoy with dipping sauce!
Ho to Make Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- Peel your cucumber and grate using the largest grating hole on a cheese grater. Lay on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt and let sit for 5-10 minutes. The salt will help draw out any excess moisture in the cucumber.
- In a bowl add in greek yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, chopped dill, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Fold the paper towel corners together and squeeze all the excess water out of the cucumber over the sink. Add into the greek yogurt mixture. Mix to combine. Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
More Chicekn Recipes
- Easy Chicken and Spinach Skillet Pasta
- White Chicken Chili
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Greek Salad with Roasted Chicken
- Honey Lemon Grilled Chicken