Bone broth is so easy to make and incredibly good for you. This simple recipe will teach you how to make bone broth at home.
- 3 Pounds Beef Bones
- 3 Carrots - peeled
- 3 Celery Stalks
- 1 Onion - peeled & halved
- 10 Garlic Cloves - peeled
- 1 Bunch Fresh Parsley
- 3 Bay Leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- 12 Cups Water
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place beef bones on top. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper and place in the oven to roast for 60 minutes.
- While the bones are roasting, prepare your veggies and add everything to a crockpot. Peel and half your onion, peel and quarter the carrots, peel all the garlic cloves, wash and cut off the celery end then half, and finally wash and add 1 bunch of fresh parsley along with the bay leave all to a big crockpot.
- Once beef bones have roasted, add to crockpot.
- Add in 12 cups of water. The water should just cover all of the ingredients.
- Set on low and cook for 24 hours.
- Once finished, remove and strain out all of the bones and veggies. Hold the strainer over the crockpot while getting all of the bones and veggies out so not to lose any liquid. Discard all bones and veggies.
- Place a small strainer over a quart mason jar and spoon liquid till almost to the top. Repeat until you have used all of the liquid.
- Let the container sit on the counter until cooled.
- Once cooled, place the lids on top and store in the fridge or freezer.
To Enjoy Broth
- Once the brother has solidified, remove the fat from the top of the mason jar. Pour broth in a coffee cup about halfway (the mixture will be gell like - that is good!). Fill the remaining cup with water and place in the microwave. Heat until warmed. Add a pinch of salt and enjoy!
- If you are not going to use all the cans right away, place 1 can in the fridge and the rest in the freezer. You can leave in the freezer for 6 months. Just take out and set in fridge 24 hours before needing it to allow to thaw.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Hours
- Category: Broth
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 8 ounces
- Calories: 48
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 43.4 mg
- Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.6 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Bone Broth