White Chicken Chili is a weekend winter staple and now it is made even easier in the instant pot. Have a comforting chili ready to eat in just 30 minutes!
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 - 4oz Canned Green Chilies, chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 - 16oz Canned Great Northern White Beans
- 8 Cups Chicken Stock or Broth
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Grated Monterey Jack Cheese, sour cream, avocado, and cornbread for toppings if desired
- Turn on the saute function on the Instant Pot and add olive oil to the bottom. Add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, oregano, and cayenne and sauté for 2 minutes. Turn off the saute function after.
- Place chicken breasts in the pot with sautéed veggies. along with the chicken stock and undrained beans.
- Place the lid on and lock, and turn on "custom pressure" for 10 minutes. Note - it will take 10 minutes to come to pressure.
- Once the time is up, release the steam valve to release the pressure.
- Remove the lid and take out the chicken breast. Place in a bowl and shred with forks.
- Place the shredded chicken back in the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, crackers, or cornbread. Enjoy!
To Make in the Slow Cooker
- Just dump all the ingredients in the slow cooker and leave it be! Cook on high for 3-4 hours and low for 6-8 hours. Remove the chicken breast once cooked, shred, and add back into the pot. You can also use a rotisserie chicken if you would like to as well.
How to Freeze
- To store in the freezer: let the soup completely cool. Store in a freezer safe container or vacuum seal in a chamber vacuum sealer* and place in the freezer for up to 6 months or 2 years if vacuum sealed.
- To thaw - place in the fridge for 24 hours. Then put in a large pot on the stove on medium heat. Bring to a shimmer and enjoy!
If using frozen chicken breasts, cook for 15 minutes instead of 10.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 468
- Sugar: 7.8 g
- Sodium: 799.7 mg
- Fat: 7.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 58.8 g
- Fiber: 12.5 g
- Protein: 42.4 g
- Cholesterol: 71.9 mg
Keywords: Instant Pot White Chicken Chili