Lightened Up Egg Salad is all the goodness of the traditional recipe with a little fewer calories. Full of fresh herbs, yogurt, and whole seed mustard, you won't be missing any of the flavors in this Egg Salad recipe!
- 6 Eggs (hardboiled & peeled)
- 2 Tablespoons Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoon Whole Grain Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill (or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Chives
- Make hard-boiled eggs in your perfered method.
- Once cooled, peel the hard-boiled eggs. Remove 3 of the yolks from 3 of the hard-boiled eggs. Add 3 whole eggs to a food processor and the 3 whites.
- Pulse until chopped finely. Add to a bowl.
- To the bowl with the chopped eggs, add in the yogurt, mustard, spices and fresh herbs.
- Mix until combined.
To Eat and Assemble
- My preferred way is to toast a piece of sprouted whole grain bread, some sliced avocado, smoked salmon, this egg salad, topped with more fresh chives, pepper, and salt. It is everything!
- You can also just eat it as a sandwich in between 2 of slices of your favorite bread or make an open face sandwich.
- You can eat this on a bed of spinach or bib lettuce.
- There are no rules, eat however you want!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 393.2 mg
- Fat: 11.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 24.2 g
- Cholesterol: 384.7 mg
Keywords: Lightened Up Egg Salad