Your taste buds will begin to water with the first bite of Maple Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts. You will be a brussel sprout fan after tasting these!
Brussel sprouts. They get such a bad rap. An under-appreciated veggie that doesn't get much of a chance. No love for the tiny cabbage-like vegetable.
Well, that is about to change. If you are not a Brussel fan, that too is about to change.
I use to hate Brussel sprouts. Didn't like them. Wanted nothing to do with them. Then I grew up and my adult taste buds have changed for the better in a lot of vegetable related areas. Thank goodness for that!
I challenge you if you're not a fan to try this. It will change your mind, I promise.
How to Make Maple Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Start by slicing a 2-pound bag of Brussels in half lengthwise and throw in a large bowl.
- Toss them with balsamic vinegar, maple syrup (YUM!), salt, and pepper.
- Spread on a baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees for around 30 minutes.
- While they are cooking, cut a couple of pieces of bacon into small pieces, cook, and set aside.
- Once finished roasting place in a large serving bowl and sprinkle with the bacon bits.
The Brussels will have crunch from the roasting time, caramelized from the maple syrup and have a salty finished with hot bacon bits. You cant go wrong. It will take you by surprise.
Maple Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts are perfect for your holiday table or as a side dish to dinner all year around!
More Veggie Side Dishes You Will Love!
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Sweet Chili Brussel Sprouts
- Southern Cheesy Corn Casserole
- Slow Cooker Green Beans
- Broccoli Casserole Made without Velveeta
- Whipped Ricotta Sweet Potatoes
- Make-Ahead No-Fuss Stuffing
Maple Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 8-10 1x
Your taste buds will begin to water with the first bite of Maple Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts. They are tossed with balsamic maple and crispy bacon bits and are absolutely heavenly!
- 2 Pounds Brussel Sprouts
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Pound Bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice Brussel sprouts on half long ways and place in large mixing bowl.
- Combine olive oil, balsamic, maple syrup, and spices with Brussels. Toss until evenly distributed.
- Spread onto a lined baking sheet, making sure it is an even layer. Place in oven and roast for 30-45 minutes (depending on the desired level of crispiness).
- While Brussels is roasting, slice a ½ pound of bacon strips and cook in large skillet until crispy. Drain from excess fat once cooked and set aside.
- Once Brussels are finished roasting, place in large bowl and toss in cooked bacon bits.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Side-Veggie
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 8.5 g
- Sodium: 189.9 mg
- Fat: 11.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6 g
- Fiber: 5.9 g
- Protein: 8.1 g
- Cholesterol: 14.9 mg
Keywords: Maple Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts