Mini Dark Chocolate Flourless Cakes are the perfect small batch dessert for a date night in! Rich, fudgy, the perfect mini size, and everything a chocolate lover would want!
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 3 Ounces High-Quality Dark Chocolate - in a bar, and preferably from a local craft chocolate maker*
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Espresso Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add the butter and dark chocolate bar (broken or chopped into smaller pieces). Melt this slowly together either over a double boiler, in the microwave (heating for just 10-15 seconds at a time and stirring in between each round until completely melted), or putting in an oven-safe dish and placing in the oven as it preheats for 5 minutes while you get your other ingredients together. If melting in the oven, remove after 5 minutes and stir until combined and smooth. Whichever method you choose, just keep a close eye on it so as not to burn and stir often until smooth and completely melted and combined together.
- In a medium-size bowl, add in sugar and eggs and whisk by hand until combined. Add in your cocoa powder, espresso powder, vanilla, and salt, and whisk to combine.
- Finally, add in your melted chocolate and butter mixture and give one final whisk until you have a rich chocolatey batter.
- Spray 4 ramekins generously with baking spray. Pour the batter evenly into each one. Place the ramekins on a small baking tray and place them in the oven.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. The middle will look not quite done yet when you pull them out and that is ok! They will have a warm melty center. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy warm with fresh berries and whipped cream or with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Use your favorite and/or a high-quality dark chocolate bar for this recipe. Preferably from a craft chocolate maker if you can get some. I would not recommend using dark chocolate chips, although you can if needed, a high-quality bar yields a much better flavor and quality of cake.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 ramekin
- Calories: 318
- Sugar: 20.6 g
- Sodium: 185.3 mg
- Fat: 22.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.6 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
- Cholesterol: 124.8 mg
Keywords: Mini Dark Chocolate Flourless Cakes