Mini Patriotic Berry Trifles are the perfect dessert for the 4th of July and the summer season! Super quick and easy to make and sure to be a favorite with everyone!
- 1 Box Mix Angel Food Cake - made according to package directions*
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese - room temperature
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 Pound Strawberries - thinly sliced
- 1 Pint Blueberries
- 1 Pint Raspberries
- Make the angel food cake according to the package directions. Let cool completely.
- Slice with a serrated knife into 1-inch cubes.
Cream Cheese Filling
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, add in the heavy whipping cream and beat on high for 3-4 minutes, or until stiff peaks have formed.
- In another large bowl, add in the room temperature cream cheese, powdered sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy and no lumps remain.
- Add half of the whipped cream to the cream cheese bowl. With a spatula gently fold in the whipped cream into the cream cheese by slicing down the middle and turning the mixture over on itself, rotating the bowl a quarter of the way and repeating. It is important to fold in the whipping cream to keep the air in the whipped cream and the filling be light. Add in the remaining half and gently fold in until you have a light and fluffy filling.
- Using small ice cream cups, add a couple of cubes of angel food cake (filling most of the cup up).
- Spoon or pipe the cream cheese filling on top of the cake slices.
- Add your desired amount of strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Repeat until all the cups are filled.
- You have some options when it comes to the cake. You can buy a premade angel food cake at the store, making it even easier, or use a boxed angel food cake mix. You can also sub in a pound cake for this recipe. This is a great way to use up leftover angel food or pound cake. You can buy premade, box mixed, or homemade pound cake. Make it easy and use what you like or have!
- You can also just make this in a big trifle dish if you do not have mini cups to use. Layer in cake cream cheese and fruit and repeat until all the ingredients are used. Ice cream cups, small bowls, wine glasses, or any small cup will work perfectly for little individual servings!
- You will probably have leftover cake too so this is a great recipe to double for a large crowd.
- I like to use a piping bag with a Wilton 1M piping tip to pipe on the filling.
- See the post for how to make the parts ahead of time. This is best assembled right before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 glass
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 19.3 g
- Sodium: 385.6 mg
- Fat: 12.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.7 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 36 mg
Keywords: Mini Patriotic Berry Trifles