This Peach and Tomato Caprese Salad with Crispy Prosciutto is a simple but stunning summer salad. It is loaded with the fresh flavors of in-season produce with surprising elements in the crispy prosciutto and creamy burrata. You will instantly fall in love!
It is clearly obvious that I have been obsessed with 2 things this summer.
Fresh produce and burrata.
Peaches, tomatoes, burrata, herbs, etc. may or may not have shown up in multiple recipes on the blog and I am not sorry about it. It’s what I have been loving and craving and literally can’t get enough of.
This Peach and Tomato Caprese Salad with Crispy Prosciutto proves to be no different today.
I have also been a fan of quick and easy meals this summer that don’t require any oven time and minimal stove time. Most everything has been tossed on the grill and I just think there isn’t anything better. I have wanted light and healthy but you better not skimp on the flavor mister! Healthy doesn’t have to be (and shouldn’t be) boring!
Ingredients Needed for Peach and Tomato Caprese Salad
- Ripe Summer Peaches
- Large Fresh Fresh Local Tomato
- Spring Mix
- Fresh Basil
- Burrata Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
This salad is also lightly dressed with a hot sauce honey dressing that is oh so good! You just need a couple of ingredients.
Hot Honey Dressing
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Hot Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- Pinch of Salt
How to Make Peach and Tomato Caprese Salad
First, we need to make the crispy prosciutto. Which is so easy!
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 4 pieces of prosciutto on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool completely before using it.
- Place prosciutto in a skillet over medium heat, cooking on each side for a couple of minutes until slightly browned and crispy.
- Remove from the pan to cool.
Next, make the hot honey dressing
- In a small bowl add all dressing ingredients. Mix until all combined.
Then finally to assemble the salad
- On a large platter place 3-4 big handfuls of spring mix.
- Slice the tomato and peaches and add on top of the bed of greens.
- Break the 4 pieces of crispy prosciutto over top of the salad.
- Add burrata next, breaking 2 balls apart and placing evenly over top of the salad.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped basil, salt, and pepper over the salad.
- Lastly, drizzle the mixed dressing of the entire salad and serve immediately.
What Does Caprese Salad Mean?
Caprese salad is a traditional Italian salad consisting of fresh mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and fresh basil. Usually lightly dressed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
What Is The Difference Between Mozerella and Burrata?
Mozzarella and burrata are so similar but yet so different.
If you have never had burrata it is basically a fresh mozzarella ball stuffed with cream. Yep. You read that right.
Mozzarella cheese has a more delicate flavor that is more stringy and elastic in texture. Whereas burrata cheese is rich, soft, and delicate. You break a burrata ball open and let the fresh cream inside ooze out onto whatever you are serving.
It's literally divine!
If you have a dish that you include fresh mozzarella, try using burrata next time for an elevated flavor.
Can I Make Peach and Tomato Caprese Salad ahead of Time or Save the Leftovers?
Unfortunately, this is best enjoyed made fresh. I find the peaches and tomatoes don't hold up very well for long periods of time in the fridge. As well as burrata needs to be broken up right before eating too.
This dish doesn't take long to make so it will be no problem just throwing it together right before dinner.
This makes enough for 4 people or just 2 if you’re like me and this is your entire dinner.
The summer fresh peaches and tomatoes are bursting with flavor and I can't get enough! Plus put burrata on anything and I am a goner. Done for. Sick a fork in me. I am just going to dive in and bathe myself in it.
Ok you get the picture..... lol ?
You have to try this Peach and Tomato Caprese Salad with Crispy Prosciutto and tell me what you think! I know you won’t be sorry!
More Salad Recipes
- Grilled Peach and Avocado Salad
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Hot Bacon & Mustard Spinach Salad
- 5 Ingredient Watermelon Orzo Salad
- Orzo Salad with Chili Lime Vinaigrette
- Kale Caesar Salad with Baked Salmon
- Lightened Up Egg Salad
- Sous Vide Flank Steak Salad with Herbed Vinaigrette Dressing