This is the perfect post workout smoothie. Full of good carbs and proteins to get you replenished after your workout.
If y'all follow me on Instagram, then you have seen me make my post workout or run smoothie all the time. They are quick and easy and I drink one almost every day.
The great thing about smoothies are you can add or take away anything based on you desire.
Use any type of mil you like. Your favorite brand and flavor of protein. Your favorite add-ins like spinach, berries, flaxseed, nut butter, etc. Whatever you like, throw it in!
This smoothie is my favorite way to replenish protein after I have worked out or after a hard run.
Ingredients Needed for Post Workout Smoothie
- 6 oz Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- 1 Scoop of Your Favorite Protein
- 1-2 Handfuls Baby Spinach
- Ice (about 6 cubes)
Other Add in ingredient ideas:
- frozen berries
- flax seed
- chia seeds
- and nut butters
- frozen bananas
- greek yogurt for more protein
How to Make a Post Workout Smoothie
- Add ingredients except for the ice, into a blender. I find it best to layer in the order of how the ingredients are ordered above.
- Blend for about 30 seconds on medium speed.
- Scrape down sides if needed. Add in ice cubes and blend on high for 45 seconds - 1minute. You may need to add a little more cashew milk depending on your desired consistency.
- Enjoy immediately!
Is a Smoothie Good After a Workout?
It is a quick and easy way to get your carbs and protein in for post workout recovery. You need to ingest about 20 grams of protein 30-60 minutes after a workout. A smoothie is a great and fast way to get that in until your next meal.
What Should I Eat After Workout?
This post workout smoothie is a great option!
But if you're looking for more of a whole foods and actual meals options, these are some other good ideas:
- Lightened-up egg salad on a sprouted grain toast
- Eggs, toast, and fresh fruit
- Chicken and sweet potatoes
- Protein oatmeal
- Whole-grain cereal with a protein shake or Greek yogurt
More Drink & Smoothie Recipes
- Post-Run Berry Smoothie
- Easy Mint Cold Brew
- Jalapeno Lemonade
- How to Make an Authentic Greek Frappe [VIDEO]
- Freezer Prep Green Smoothie