Enjoy a healthy protein-packed spin on a breakfast classic! Protein French Toast will leave you feeling full and satisfied without the worry of ruining your days eating.
- 2 Pieces of Sprouted Bread or Ezekiel Bread (I prefer Trader Joe’s Sprouted 7 Grain loaf)
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Egg White (or 3 tablespoons of liquid egg whites)
- 2 Tablespoons of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Cooking Spray or Butter, for cooking pan
- In a bowl combine egg, egg white, almond milk, salt, and cinnamon until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
- Soak 1 piece of bread at a time in the egg mixture while you heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Once the pan is heated coat with cooking spray or a little butter and place the first piece in skillet.
- Cook on each side for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown and middle is cooked through.
- Repeat with the second piece of bread.
- Enjoy with fresh berries, local honey, syrup, Greek yogurt, or any topping you desire!
- Toppings are not included in nutrition information
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 2588.5 mg
- Fat: 7.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.6 g
- Fiber: 6.7 g
- Protein: 28.4 g
- Cholesterol: 186 mg
Keywords: Protein French Toast