Tender shortbread Linzer cookies will melt in your mouth! Buttery delicate flavor with a hint of lemon and tart raspberry jam filling. You will absolutely love these!
- 1 Cup Butter - room temperature
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Almond Flour*
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Raspberry Preserves*
- Powdered Sugar*
- In a stand mixer, add the butter and sugar. Cream together until light and fluffy for 5 minutes.
- Add in egg, vanilla, and lemon zest. Mix just until combined.
- Add in the flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined. Do not overmix. The dough will be thick and crumbly.
- Pour the dough out on a countertop and bring it together in a big ball with your hands. Divide into 2 large balls. Make each into a large flat disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and place in the fridge for at least an hour or up to 2 days.
- Flour the countertop. Roll out the dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut cookies out with a circle scalloped cookie cutter. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Cut out a small circle in half of the cookies (for the tops). Repeat until all the dough is used.
- Place in a preheated 350-degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a cookie rack.
- Sprinkle the cutout cookie tops with powdered sugar.
- Spread a thin layer of raspberry preserves over the bottom cookie. Place the top on. Repeat with all the cookies.
- You can make your own almond flour by pulsing blanched almonds in a food processor until finely ground.
- Any type of jam or preserves can be used in this recipe.
- If making ahead of time, store cooled plain cookies in the fridge for up to 4 days. When ready to serve, sprinkle tops with powdered sugar, spread the jam on the bottom, and sandwich the two pieces together.
- Keep any leftovers stored in the fridge wrapped tightly for 2 days.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- 1 hour:
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Baking
- Method: Cookies
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 8.6 g
- Sodium: 44.3 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.7 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 22.5 mg
Keywords: Shortbread Linzer Cookies