It is full blown chili season here and Justin couldn’t be happier!
We practically live off chili during the fall and winter months. It’s hearty, it’s healthy, it makes amazing leftovers to eat on throughout the week and takes practically no time to make. Those are all a win-win in my book!
I have been heavily relying on our slow cooker the past couple weeks. It has been a life saver for really long work days and super late nights. The last thing anyone wants to do at 8:30 pm after working all day is to spend an hour cooking dinner. Nope, not going to happen.
So cheers to all the slow cookers out there who save dinners everywhere!
The beauty of this recipe is you literally just throw it all in the cooker and walk away. Bless! I do like to take the extra step and brown my meat beforehand just for the simple fact of liking the texture and flavor better, but you don’t have to. This recipe is simple. Ground turkey (you can sub in beef if preferred), tomatoes, beans, veggies, chicken stock, spices, done.
Add all the ingredients in the morning and cook on low all day or you can throw it together at lunchtime and cook on high and it will be ready for the time dinner rolls around. Whatever fits your schedule, do it. Whatever is easiest, do it. Whatever flavors you like, do it. That is the beauty of slower cooker chili. Its simple, not fussy, hard to mess up and comforting all at the same time.
Enjoy this with a healthy serving of shredded cheddar cheese and a slice of warm cornbread with honey butter on top. My mouth is watering thinking about it. Let me know what your favorite slow cooker recipes are down below, I would love to hear! Enjoy!
- 2 Pounds Ground Turkey
- 3 Cans of Beans (Light Kidney, Dark Kidney & Great Northern)
- 12 oz Frozen Pepper & Onion Blend
- 2 (15.5 oz) Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 (15.5 oz) Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 2 (15.5 oz) Can Chicken Stock
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Cup Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- In a large pot over medium-high heat brown turkey meat until thoroughly cooked. Drain and add to slow cooker.
- Drain the cans of beans and rinse with water. Add to slow cooker with cooked turkey.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until everything is combined.
- Place lid on and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- Serve when ready.
- Turn slow cooker off and let cool. Store covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Enjoy!