Valentines' Day Snack Mix is a quick and fun treat for Valentine's day! Full of chocolate and a salty-sweet combo - everyone will love this snack!
I LOVE a salty-sweet combo! It can be a weakness if I am not careful. This Valentine's Day snack mix is full of all the salty-sweet goodness and love day treats your heart can handle.
No matter if you are going out with your sweetie, date night in, or having a Galentine's night with your girls, this snack mix is the perfect quick and easy treat to have.
Perfectly snack-able. Perfectly chocolatey. Perfectly pink and red. Perfectly perfect!
Ingredients Needed for Valentines Day Snack Mix
- 3 Cups Chocolate Chex Mix
- 3 Cups Mini Pretzels
- 1 Cup Honey Roasted Peanuts
- 1 Cup Valentine's M&M's
- 1 ½ Cups White Chocolate Chips
- Valentines Sprinkles of choice
How to Make Valentines Day Snack Mix
- In a medium bowl, add white chocolate chips to a glass heatproof bowl. In a medium-sized saucepan, fill half-way up with water and set on the stove over medium heat. Place the bowl of white chocolate chips on top of it creating a double broiler. Cook slowly for 10 minutes, stirring often until white chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- On a large baking sheet, add the chocolate Chex, pretzels, peanuts, and M&M's and mix everything together.
- Once the white chocolate is melted, slowly pour over the mix on the baking tray - drizzling and leaving varied sizes of white chocolate.
- Pour over Valentine's sprinkles. Let cool completely.
- Break up and enjoy!
How Do You Make a Double Broiler?
I use a double boiler method for melting the white chocolate for this recipe.
To make a double boiler, fill a small saucepan with a couple of inches of water and place it on the stove on medium-low heat. Add the white chocolate chips to a large glass bowl that will fit over the top of the pot on the top, being able to sit on top. Creating a double broiler will slowly melt the white chocolate, insuring it does separate or burn. This will take 10-20 minutes to fully melt. Low and slow is the name of the game for melting white chocolate. As the chocolate warms and melts, stir with a rubber spatula to make sure it is nice and smooth with no clumps remaining.
Other Possible Add-Ins
A great thing about snack mixes is they are totally customizable and really no recipe! Use any candy or salty treat you like such as:
- regular peanuts
- any Valentine's Day candies or chocolate
- dark chocolate salted caramels
- mini Reese's cups
- potato chips
- another kind of chocolate cereal
- red hot candy hearts
the possibilities are endless!
How to Store Valentines Day Snack Mix
Pace the snack mis in an airtight container and keep for up to 2 weeks.
This can also be stored in a freezer-safe container or vacuum-sealed and stored in the freezer (if making ahead of time or leftovers) for a year.
Other Valentine's Day Recipes
- Dark Chocolate Espresso Cookies
- White Chocolate Mousse with Strawberries & Basil
- Red Velvet Molten Lava Cake
- Sous Vide Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- How To Make Homemade Gnocchi