I will argue that steak should be the first thing you sous vide when you get one for yourself all day long! Perfectly cooked every single time thanks to your immersion circulator.
There are many things that sous vide cooking has changed for me, and steak is at the top of the list!
This was the first thing I cooked in my sous vide when I got it and I have not used anything else since.
- No grilling
- No pan-fry
- Nothing but the sous vide!
Why Should Steak Be the First Thing You Need to Sous Vide!
I LOVE a big juicy medium-rare steak and that can be hard to do with other cooking methods.
Depending on how thick or thin the cut of beef is or even the type, it can be hard to know when exactly it's done. And you definitely have to cut into it to tell.
Not with the sous vide!
All you need to do is -
- Vacuum seal or place in a gallon ziplock bag sealed airtight
- Place in your sous vide water bath at the set temp you like your steak - for the given amount of time
- Give a quick sear with butter in a cast iron and that is it!
If you're like me and like medium rare - then the sous vide will cook your steak to medium-rare all the way through from edge to edge.
It won't over cook it!
Using a sous vide, you're able to hold the temperature to a certain temp at a constant time. No over or under cooking. EVER!
SV Steak Recipe
This is all you need to do to make the best steak of your life.
- Select your cut of beef preference.
- Preheat the water bath to 129 degrees.
- Season both sides liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place in a vacuum seal bag and seal.
- Place in the preheated water and sous vide for 1 hour.
- Once finished, remove from the water and bag. Heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat and place in 1-2 tablespoons of butter.
- Sear the steak on each side for 1 minute.
- Remove and enjoy!
Different Temperatures and Times
Rare: 124 degrees for 1 hour
Medium Rare: 129 degrees for 1 hour
Medium: 140 degrees for 1 hour
Medium Well: 150 degrees for 1 hour
Well Done: 156 degrees for 1 hour
No matter how you like your steak, using the sous vide to cook will ensure a perfect and even cook throughout. Plus you will never have to worry about it being under or overdone. Literally perfection every single time.
So what are you waiting for?!
Make sure a steak is the first thing you cook with your new immersion circulator!
Sous Vide Recipes You Will Love!
- Sous Vide Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
- Roasted Red Pepper and Egg White Sous Vide Bites
- Sous Vide Steak Gyros
- Garlic & Rosemary Olive Oil Infusion
- Sous Vide Ribs