Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal has just a hint of sweetness and will keep you full all morning long. Make your own instant oatmeal and let your breakfast become a breeze.
- 2 Cups Old Fashion Oatmeal
- 1/4 Cup packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Flax Seed
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
To make Instant Oatmeal Mix
- Combine 1 cup oatmeal, brown sugar, flax seed, cinnamon and salt into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until finely milled and there are no more full oats.
- Remove lid and add in the last cup of oatmeal. Place lid back on a pulse 4-8 times, just enough to chop the second batch of oats into about half their size. You should be able to still see chunks of oats.
- Pour into an airtight container until needed.
To Make Oatmeal
- Add 1/2 cup of instant oatmeal mixture into a bowl with 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir until well combined and oats and soaked. You can add 1/4-1/2 cup more water depending on how thick or thin you prefer your oatmeal.
- For an extra protein pack, place 1/2 cup of instant oatmeal mixture, 1/2 cup water and a 1/2 cup of liquid egg whites into a bowl. Microwave on high for 2-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds are so. Oats will be thick and fluffy. Let cool slightly before you eat.
- Nutrition label does not include extra protein from egg whites if added. Your protein will be 19g if you so choose to add (which I highly recommend).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 9.9 g
- Sodium: 294.8 mg
- Fat: 5.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.9 g
- Fiber: 5.8 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal