Skillet Chorizo Cheese Dip is a super easy and outrageously cheesy appetizer great for any occasion! Loaded with spicy chorizo, tangy buffalo sauce, cream, and cheddar cheese, and topped with pickled jalapenos, lime, and cilantro - all baked in one skillet. This dip will be an instant hit!
- 9-10 Ounces Mexican Chorizo*
- 1/2 Medium Onion (roughly 1/2 cup) - diced
- 10 Ounce Can Rotel
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 8 Ounces Mild Cheddar - shredded*
- 1/3 Cup Hot Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Pickled Jalapenos
- Limes Slices
- Green Onion - diced
- Cilantro - chopped
- Place a large cast-iron skillet on the stove over medium heat and add in your chorizo. Cook for about 5 minutes until browned and fully cooked through, making sure to chop and break up into small pieces as you cook (like ground beef). Drain off any access grease from the chorizo if there is a lot (this isn't necessary, just if there is an excess. Add the chorizo back to the skillet after).
- Once the chorizo is cooked, add the rest of the ingredients to the skillet - diced onion, can of Rotel, cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, hot sauce, and salt.
- Place the skillet in a preheated 350-degree oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once the time is up, remove from the oven, and gently mix the dip together. The melted cheese and rest of the ingredients will slowly start to come together to make a super cheesy and creamy dip. You will have to mix for a minute or two to bring it all together, but just keep stirring until it does.
- Top with pickled jalapenos, chopped cilantro, diced green onions, and lime slices on the side. Enjoy immediately hot right out of the oven with your favorite chips!
- I have found 9 or 10 ounce things of Mexican chorizo at the store. Either one is fine. I have even used a pound of chorizo as well and it was great. So any amount from 9-16 ounces of Mexican chorizo will work depending on what you can find at your local stores.
- I always find it best to shred my own cheddar instead of using pre-shredded cheese.
- Use any brand of hot sauce you prefer.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 949.5 mg
- Fat: 29.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 14.7 g
- Cholesterol: 76.3 mg
Keywords: Easy Skillet Chorizo Cheese Dip