If you're having trouble finding canned diced green chiles, look no further! Roasted poblano peppers at home is a quick and easy way to keep stocked up on canned diced green chiles.
- 6 Poblano Peppers
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Slice each pepper in half longways and lay face down on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place in the preheated oven for 25 minutes until charred and blistered.
- Once finished, remove from the oven and let peppers cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Once cooled, gently peel off the skin and remove the ends and seeds.
- Chop finely and store in an airtight container. Use in any recipe that calls for 4 ounces of canned diced green chilies.
- 3 medium-large sized poblano peppers will make 4 ounces of diced green chiles - like the cans. This recipe makes 2 - 4 ounce jars.
- You can store it in 4-ounce mason jars or an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- To Freeze - store in a freezer-safe air-tight container or vacuum seal. Store in the freezer for 6 months or up to 2 years if vacuum sealed.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 4 Ounces
- Calories: 131
- Fat: 9.1 g
- Trans Fat:
- Carbohydrates: 13.2 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
Keywords: Canned Diced Green Chiles