Lemon ricotta cookies are soft and tender and melt in your mouth. The lemon flavor brightens these cookies up and you will be coming back for more!
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Ricotta
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Zest and Juice of 2 Lemons
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy (for 3-4 minutes)
- Add in eggs and mix until just combined (about 30 seconds).
- Add in the ricotta cheese and vanilla, and mix until incororpated.
- Add in the flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until combined. The dough will be quite sticky.
- Add the zest and juice of 2 lemons, and mix together with a spatula until all mixed into the dough.
- Scoop out onto a baking sheet using a cookie scoop and place in the oven to bake for 12 minutes.
- Once finished, remove from oven and let cool on the sheet for 5 minutes, then move to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- In a small bowl add in the powdered sugar, lemon zest, and juice and whisk until smooth with no lumps remaining.
- Drizzle the lemon glaze over the cooled cookies and enjoy!
- Store cookies in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
- Once the cookies are cooled completely. Place in a freezer-safe zip-top bag, container, or vacuum seal.
- Place in the freezer for 3 months (or a year if vacuum-sealed).
- Once ready to eat, remove from the freezer and let come to room temp for a couple of hours on a platter then enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert - Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 9.7 g
- Sodium: 64 mg
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.7 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 18.3 mg
Keywords: Lemon Ricotta Cookies