Jalapeno Lemonade is the perfect balance of tart and sweet with a little kick at the end. It is a refreshing summer lemonade that everyone will love!
Lemon Simple Syrup
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Peel of 1 Lemon
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Lemon Simple Syrup
- 2 Cups Lemon Juice (8 Lemons)
- 1 Large Jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Lemon Slices, Jalapeno Slices, and mint to garnish
Lemon Simple Syrup
- To a large saucepan add in the sugar, water, and juice of 1 lemon and lemon peel. Turn to medium-high heat and bring to a low boil.
- Once at a low boil, turn to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes until the syrup has reduced and sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into a mason jar and let come to room temp before using it in this recipe.
- With a vegetable peeler (affiliate link), peel the yellow rind off 1 lemon. Be careful not to get the white rind, just the yellow.
- Freshly squeeze the juice of 8 lemons (about 2 cups) into a pitcher.
- Thinly slice a jalapeno and add to pitcher.
- Add in 1 cup of the freshly made lemon simple syrup (that is at room temp or cold) to a large pitcher. Stir very well.
- Add in a couple of handfuls of ice. Stir very well.
- Add in cold water to fill up the rest of the pitcher and stir with a wooden spoon very well.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and sliced jalapeno for an extra kick!
Make it A Cocktail!
- Add ice to a large tall glass.
- Add in 1 shot of Vodka (we are Tito's fans).
- Fill the glass 3/4 full with Jalapeno Lemonade and top the rest off with sparkling water.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and extra jalapeno slices for an extra kick. Enjoy!
- To store simple syrup, keep in a sealed mason jar in the fridge for a couple of weeks. This lemon simple syrup would be delicious in other summer cocktails like a vodka soda with a splash of this and a lemon wedge.
- If you like a sweeter lemonade you can more simple syrup.
- If you want more kick, add more jalapeno slices.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 glass
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 28.7 g
- Sodium: 6.7 mg
- Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.7 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Jalapeno Lemonade