Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad is a family favorite during the holidays! Salty and sweet, crunchy and creamy - this layered sweet strawberry jello salad won't last long and is a crowd favorite!
- 2 Cups Pretzels - crushed
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter - melted
Whipped Topping Layer
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese - softened
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 8 Ounces Cool Whip - thawed
Strawberry Jello Layer
- 1 Large Box (6 ounces) of Strawberry Jello
- 2 Cup Boiling Water
- 2 Pounds of Fresh Strawberries - thinly sliced OR 2 Packages Frozen Strawberries (32 ounces sliced, thawed, and drained - do not use whole frozen strawberries!)
STEP ONE - Pretzel Layer
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Crush pretzels in a large zip-top bag with a rolling pin.
- Add to a 9x13' baking pan along with sugar and melted butter. Mix until everything is combined and press into the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove, place in fridge and let cool completely (at least 1 hour).
STEP TWO - Whipped Topping Layer
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese and sugar. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy with no lumps remaining. Gently fold in the thawed whipped topping until combined, light, and fluffy.
- Spread evenly over the completely cooled crust all the way to the edges (make sure to leave no holes to gaps on the sides of the pan).
- Place in fridge to set completely (at least 1 hour).
STEP THREE - Strawberry Jello Layer
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add to a bowl and add the jello. Mix for 1-2 minutes until the jello is completely dissolved.
- Add in the sliced strawberries. Mix well.
- Set the bowl in the fridge to cool for 30-60 minutes. You do not want the jello to set, just to cool completely before pouring over the whipped topping layer.
- Gently pour over chilled pretzels and whipped topping layers.
- Place in the fridge and chill completely until set (at least 3-4 hours).
- This is best made the day of wanting to serve. Make it early in the morning so you have plenty of time to chill in between layers and set the jello completely. If needing to serve in the morning or early in the day, make it at night the day before and chill overnight.
- Leftovers can be kept covered in the fridge for 2 days. The pretzels may begin to get soggy and lose the crunch a little, and the strawberries lose their freshness.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 6 hours:
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 scoop
- Calories: 506
- Sugar: 34 g
- Sodium: 694.8 mg
- Fat: 21.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 72.8 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 47.8 mg
Keywords: Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad