Southern pimento cheese dip is a traditional southern appetizer that is made with only 6 ingredients, and some spices, and can be made up in just 10 minutes. This creamy and tangy spread, made with shredded cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, and diced pimentos, is best served cold. Perfect to serve at any dinner party or get-together!
- 1 Cup Pecans - chopped
- 8 Ounce Block Extra Sharp Cheddar
- 8 Ounce Sharp Cheddar
- 1 1/2 Cups Mayo
- 1 - 4 Ounce Jar Pimentos - drained
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Finely Grated Onion
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheight. Put the chopped pecans on a small baking sheet. Place in the oven and toast for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove once the time is up.
- While the pecans are taoasting, grate the cheese. Grate the extra sharp cheddar cheese on the fine side of a cheese grater. Grate the sharp cheddar cheese on the large side of the grater. Do not skip. this step - it is important to grate the 2 different sizes - it is crucial for the texture of this recipe.
- In a large bowl, add in the mayo, pimentos, Worcestershire sauce, grated onion and cayenne pepper. Stir together. (use a microplane or a fine grater to grate a fresh onion)
- Add in toasted pecans and grated cheese to the bowl. Stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Place in a serving bowl and serve with French bread, crackers, celery or fresh veggies.
- Store leftovers covered tightly in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Appetizers - dIPS
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American - Southern
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 405
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 427.7 mg
- Fat: 39.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.1 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 9.9 g
- Cholesterol: 49 mg
Keywords: 10 Minute Southern Style Pimento Cheese Dip and Spread, southern pimento cheese,