These bacon and gruyere sous vide egg bites are the perfect copycat version of the Starbucks egg bites we all love, but made in the comfort of your own home!
- 12 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Gruyere Cheese - shredded
- 1/4 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2-3/4 Pound Bacon - cooked and crumbled
- Fill a large pot with water and place it in your immersion circulator. Turn the Sous Vide on to 172 degrees and press start to allow the water to start warming.
- Cook the bacon completely. Let cool and crumble into bits.
- In a large blender, place eggs, gruyere, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper. Blend on high for 60 seconds.
- Spray 9 - 4-ounce mason jars with cooking spray on the inside.
- Pour an even amount of the egg mixture into each jar, being careful not to get any on the lip of the jar. Sprinkle each top with bacon bits.
- Wipe the lip of each jar clean and seal each lid to just fingertip tightness.
- Place the sealed jars into the warmed water and let cook for 1 hour.
- Once finished, remove from the water bath and let cool on the counter for 10-20 minutes. Chill and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- I enjoy these cold straight out of the fridge and out of the mason jar.
- These can also be microwaved. Remove the lid and microwave in the jar for 1 minute to warm and enjoy straight from the jar.
- A third method is to broil to warm. Scrape around the inside of the jar with a knife to release from the side and turn upside down onto a baking tray and lift. The egg bites should come right out. Place tray in a toaster oven set to broil/toast for 3-5 minutes until warmed through. Enjoy immediately! if you do not have a toaster oven, just place it in a regular oven with the top rack close at the highest placement.
- Store in the fridge for a week.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Sous Vide
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 jar
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 460.3 mg
- Fat: 18.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.2 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 14.4 g
- Cholesterol: 273.2 mg
Keywords: Bacon and Gruyere Sous Vide Egg Bites