Baked Salmon and Asparagus Risotto is fancy but not fussy. Easy enough to make for weeknight meals but also special enough for your weekend dinner parties. Perfectly baked salmon rest upon the ultimate creamy risotto bed and it's everything you every wanted and so much more!
- 1 pound Fresh Salmon (cut into 4 equal pieces)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil + more for salmon
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Cup Risotto
- 2 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Asparagus
- Salt & Pepper
- Chives to Garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the pound of salmon into 4 equal pieces and place on a baking tray that has been lined with foil.
- Brush olive oil on the tops and sides and sprinkle with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Place in the oven and baked for 10-12 minutes (or until 140 degree on the inside).
For the Risotto
- In a large pan, place 1 tablespoon each of olive oil and butter. Turn on medium heat.
- Finely dice 1/2 yellow onion and add to the pan. Sauce for 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Add finely diced asparagus (see picture in post for reference), 2 cloves of garlic minced and 1 cup of dry risotto to the pan with the onions. Stir and sauté together for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium to medium low heat and add 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Stir constantly as the risotto slowly soaks up the broth. Once it has, add another 1/2 cup of broth and repeat the following process.
- Repeat adding 1/2 cup of broth and sitting until absorbed until all 2 1/2 cups have been used.
- Turn on low and add in salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Spoon a portion of asparagus risotto onto a plate, add a piece of salmon and garnish with fresh chives and cracked black pepper.
- Enjoy immediately!
- If you keep parmesan rinds in your fridge, add one to the risotto as it is in the broth phase. It adds a nice addition of flavor - but not necessary if you don't already have on hand.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Serving Size: 1 piece of salmon and risotto
- Calories: 382
- Sugar: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 437.2 mg
- Fat: 11.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.2 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 31.4 g
- Cholesterol: 65.6 mg
Keywords: Baked Salmon and Asparagus Risotto