This delicious beef & Broccoli Chow Mein will have you saying goodbye to Chinese take-out for good! Loaded with flavor and coated in a light sauce, this easy 20-minute meal will become a quick favorite.
- 2 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Grated Ginger
- Pinch, Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Pound Sirloin or Flank Steak
- 3 Carrots
- 1/2 White Onion
- 8 Ounces or 1 Package of Broccolini or 1/2 Head Broccoli
- 1-2 Cups Noodles (No Yolk Stir Fry Noodles (6 ounces) or Lo Mein Noodles)
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the sauce. Stir until everything is dissolved and set aside.
- Prep all ingredients before beginning to cook.
- Place a large pot of heavily salted water to boil on the stove. Once boiling, add in noodles and cook just a minute or two. You want the noodles to be undercooked and still have a bite/chewy texture to them - they will continue to cook later. Strain and add to a bowl.
- Thinly slice 1/2 an onion. Peel carrots and slice into matchsticks. Trim ends of broccolini or broccoli. Thinly slice steak into long strips. Place all ingredients in their separate bowls.
- In a wok or cast iron skillet, heat over medium-high heat until very hot. Add a tablespoon or so of sesame oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the steak to hot pan and stir continuously while cooking. Cook for 1-2 minutes then remove and place back in the original bowl.
- Immediately add in onions and saute until they are beginning to get soft and translucent (3-4 minutes). Add in carrots to skillet and continue to cook with onions for about 4-5 minutes until carrots are slightly soft.
- Add in broccoli to skillet and saute with onions and carrots for 2-4 minutes until bright green and slightly tender.
- Add in steak, noodles, and sauce to the pan and toss liberally making sure everything is coated evenly in the sauce.
- Take off the heat and enjoy immediately!
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 301
- Sugar: 7.3 g
- Sodium: 646 mg
- Fat: 10.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.1 g
- Fiber: 4.9 g
- Protein: 28.6 g
- Cholesterol: 78.4 mg
Keywords: Beef & Broccoli Chow Mein