Cheddar and Chive Popovers are an instant way to anyone's heart. Light and fluffy begging for a pad of butter to be placed inside its tall and hollow center. These will be your go-to bread option for all dinner parties from now on.
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar - grated
- 1 Tablespoon Chives
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl add flour and salt and whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, add eggs and milk. Whisk until the eggs are mixed completely with the milk.
- Pour the milk and egg mixture into the flour and gently whisk until everything is combined and no flour clumps remain.
- Grate cheddar cheese with a grater and add to the large bowl.
- Finely mince fresh chives and add to the bowl.
- Mix together until the cheddar and chives are combined and evenly mixed throughout.
- Generously grease a popover pan and add in 1/2 cup of batter to each spot.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes is up, lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 18 minutes. Do not open up the oven during baking time.
- Once the popovers are finished, remove them from the oven and let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 33 minutes
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 3.3 g
- Sodium: 255.6 mg
- Fat: 2.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.1 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 8.4 g
- Cholesterol: 94.2 mg
Keywords: Cheddar & Chive Popovers