Hot Bacon & Mustard Spinach Salad is irresistibly good. The bold flavors will have you coming back for seconds and thirds and this will quickly become your new favorite salad!
- 10 Ounce Bag of Spinach
- 1/2 Pound of Bacon
- 1 Red Onion + 2 Tablespoons of Butter or Olive Oil
- 5 Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Reserved Bacon Grease (at least 1/3 Cup)
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar or Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
For the Salad
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, add in 2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil to the pan. Thinly slice 1 red onion and add to the pan. Saute for 20 minutes to slowly caramelize the onion.
- While the onion is cooking, place another skillet on the stove over medium heat. Cut bacon into bits using kitchen shears directly into the skillet. Cook for about 10 minutes until bacon bits are nice and crispy. cook bacon until crispy. With a slotted spoon, spoon out the bacon when finished cooking and place it on a plate lined with paper towels to cool.
- Cook and prep hard-boiled eggs whichever way you prefer (this can also be done ahead of time and kept in the fridge until needed.
For the Dressing
- Using the reserved bacon grease from the bacon bits in the skillet, place it back on the stove over medium-low heat. Add in the rest of the dressing ingredients and whisk to thoroughly combined and hot. Add in a pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Add the spinach to a large bowl or dish.
- Add in the cooked bacon bits, caramelized onions, and hard-boiled eggs that have been diced.
- Once the dressing is hot and finished, pour over spinach, eggs, bacon, and onion.
- Using a pair of tongs toss to combine.
- Season with freshly cracked black pepper and serve immediately.
- This is best served immediately while still hot and warm. This does not keep well for leftovers.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Salad
- Serving Size: 1 scoop
- Calories: 334
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 317.1 mg
- Fat: 27.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 15.4 g
- Cholesterol: 341.4 mg
Keywords: Hot Bacon & Mustard Spinach Salad