These easy garlic knots are EVERYTHING! 3 ingredients and no yeast and these garlic knots don't stand a chance at lasting as soon as they come out of the oven!
- 2 Cups Non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1 Head of Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley
- Parmesan and Salt for Topping
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the top off a whole head of garlic, exposing the insides of the garlic. Wrap in foil and place in the oven to roast as you prep the rest of the recipe. Set out a stick of butter to soften.
- In a large bowl add in the flour, greek yogurt, and salt.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the dough is almost all come together. Use your hands to finish helping to mix and bringing together (I like to wear kitchen gloves throughout this process just for easy clean up).
- Generously flour your countertop and pour the dough on top. Knead the dough for 1-3 minutes until the dough has come together and no longer sticky. This is a wet dough and will require lots of flour on the counter to make sure it doesn't stick.
- Cut the dough in half. Then each half cut into 8 equal pieces. Cut those pieces in half. Leaving you with 32 equal-sized pieces.
- Flour your surface again and begin rolling out each piece into a long snake-like log. Gently take each end and make a knot out of the dough (see pictures).
- Lay each knot onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or if you do not have parchment paper, generously spray with non-stick spray and lay on top).
- Remove the garlic glove from the oven (after it has roasted for about 30 minutes and is golden brown and soft). Squeeze each head of garlic into a bowl with the softened butter. With a fork, mash the roasted garlic cloves with the butter until a softened garlic butter spread.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden on the tops/edges. Do not overcook.
- Remove from the oven and brush each knot generously with the garlic butter spread.
- Place on a tray and top with a sprinkle of salt (pink Himalayan or flaked sea salt is my fav), freshly grated parmesan cheese, and minced fresh parsley.
- Serve with marinara sauce or by themselves and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 knot
- Calories: 54
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 150.2 mg
- Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.8 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 4.3 mg
Keywords: Easy Garlic Knots