Easy Mint Cold Brew is the perfect afternoon pick me up. Cold and refreshing. Easy to make with a hint of mint that you will love!
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 - 1 Cup Ground Coffee
- 3 - 4 Cups Water
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1/2 and 1/2, milk, cream, or any non-dairy substitute of your choice
- Combine the water and sugar in a pot and place on the stove over medium heat. Bring to a low boil/simmer and let cook for about 10 - 15 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved and the liquid has reduced a bit.
- Pour into a glass jar (like a Mason jar) and let cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- Add coffee grounds and water to a large pitcher or french press *.
- Stir to make sure all the grounds are wet and place in the fridge 12-24 hours.
- Strain the coffee into a fresh pitcher using a nut milk bag* and discard/compost the grounds. If using a french press just push down the handle and depose the grounds once finished.
- Place back in the fridge to store.
Mint Cold Brew Assembly
- Add 3-4 mint leaves to the bottom of a tall glass. With a muddler, back of spoon, or straw, muddle the leaves slightly to release the oils.
- Add ice cubes to the top of the glass.
- Add in cold brew coffee to fill the glass.
- Add in a splash of the simple syrup (or any other liquid sweetener of choice) to the cold brew and stir to combine.
- Add a splash of half & half, milk, cream, or any non-dairy alternative you prefer, and enjoy!
- The more coffee grounds you use and the less water you use the more concentrated and strong your cold brew will be ( ex: 3/4 cup ground and 4 cups of water = less strong vs. 1 cup of grounds and 3 cups of water = strong).
- Any sweetener you like can be used. I prefer a liquid sweetener like simple syrup because it doesn't have to dissolve in cold liquid. Honey, maple syrup, liquid Stevia, or agave could be substituted in if preferred.
- Milk, cream, or any dairy-free milk of your choice can be used instead of half and half.
- Cold-brew will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
- * Are Amazon Affiliate links in the recipe card
- Prep Time: 24 hours
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 38
- Sugar: 4.8 g
- Sodium: 17.9 mg
- Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.8 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
Keywords: Easy Mint Cold Brew Coffee