How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries using one ingredient that will transform your chocolate covered strawberries into a beautiful and shiny dessert perfect for your loved one on Valentines Day.
- 1 Pint Strawberries
- 8 Ounces Dark Chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Wash and dry strawberries.
- Fill a small pot with water 1/2 of the way full. Place on the stove over medium heat and bring to a simmer/boil.
- In a medium-sized glass bowl add in dark chocolate and coconut oil. Place over a pot of water on a stove to create a double boiler. Leave on the double broiler for about 20 minutes or until chocolate is completely melted, stirring occasionally.
- Take the chocolate off heat and place on a towel. Lay out wax paper or parchment paper next to melted chocolate.
- Take dried strawberries, holding by the stems and dip into melted chocolate until the strawberry is covered almost to the top part. Lay on paper and continue until all strawberries are covered.
- Let dry for 30 minutes until chocolate is hardened. Place in refrigerator to speed up the cooling process if needed.
- Serve when ready or keep in refrigerator until needed. Can be stored for up to a week.
- If the desired decorate with sprinkles (while the chocolate is still wet) or a drizzle of white chocolate (prepared the same way as the dark chocolate), then let cool.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 strawberry
- Calories: 65
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 1.1 mg
- Fat: 4.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.1 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 0.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.6 mg
Keywords: How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries