Lemon and Blueberry Ricotta Pound Cake is the ultimate spring treat. Light, fluffy, and bursting with fresh blueberries it will have you coming back for just one more slice!
- 1 1/2 Sticks of Butter - room temperature
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Ricotta - room temperature
- 3 Eggs - room temperature
- 1 3/4 Cup of Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Blueberries (+ flour for dusting)
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 2 Ounces of Cream Cheese - room temperature
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt pan with melted butter. Sprinkle in about a tablespoon of flour and shake around to cover all of the pan.
- In a large bowl, add in the butter and sugar. With a handheld mixer, beat until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Add in eggs next, 1 at a time, slowly mixing until they are just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Add in the ricotta and mix.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add in sifted dry ingredients and mix until everything is together and there are just a few flour streaks left in the batter.
- Toss the washed and dried blueberries with 1 tablespoon of flour. This will help the fresh blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the cake when baking. Place in the batter.
- Finally, zest 1 lemon. Add the zest and lemon juice to the batter and using a spatula, gently fold in the blueberries until everything is mixed well. Do not over mix.
- Spoon in the greased and floured bundt pan and make sure there is an even layer all around.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean with only a few crumbs on it when it is finished baking.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then flip out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- In a bowl, add in all the glaze ingredients. Mix with a handheld mixer until smooth and creamy and no clumps remain. Drizzle over cooled cake.
- The glaze can also be made with just lemon juice and powdered sugar. This will be a runnier glaze but will work just fine if you don't have cream cheese.
- Store the leftover cake in the fridge because of the fresh berries.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 13.9 g
- Sodium: 169.2 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.8 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 62.9 mg
Keywords: Lemon and Blueberry Ricotta Pound Cake