Get ready to elevate your breakfast game with this Mixed Breakfast Veggie Quiche with Roasted Red Pepper! This savory meal combines the goodness of spinach, zucchini, and roasted red pepper in a flaky homemade pie crust. It's a quick and delicious way to kickstart your morning, and it's perfect for brunch, too!
For The Pie Crust
- 1 Homemade Pie Crust OR 1 Storebought/Premade Pie Crust
For The Egg Mixture
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 5 Ounces Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 Medium Onion - finely diced
- 1/2 Cup Zucchini - finely diced
- 6 Ounces (1 whole pepper) Roasted Red Pepper - finely diced
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Pepperjack Cheese - grated
- Follow the directions for homemade pie crust if using.
- BLIND BAKE: for both store-bought and homemade, once your pie crust is on the pie plate, place a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper over the top, larger than the actual pie plate. Place pie weights or dried beans over top of the paper and spread evenly over the bottom of the shell, making sure to get all the way to the edges, corners, and sides. Place in the oven at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes. Once finished, remove and let cool until the quiche mixture is ready. Remove the pie weights once cooled down a bit. The rest of the recipe can be prepped while this is baking.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon of butter and fresh spinach and set to medium heat.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Remove when finished to a medium-sized bowl.
- In the same large skillet, add the other 1 tablespoon of butter, onion, and zucchini.
- Saute for about 10 minutes until the veggies softened.
- Remove and add to bowl with the spinach.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and beat with a fork until the yolks are broken.
- Add in the milk, salt, and shredded cheese. Mix well.
- Add in the spinach, veggies, and diced roasted red pepper. Mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- Pour carefully into the blind-baked pie crust and place into the oven to bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until the middle is set and doesn't jiggle anymore.
- Leftovers can be kept covered in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 65 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 338
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 543.9 mg
- Fat: 15.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.7 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 218.9 mg
Keywords: Mixed Breakfast Veggie Quiche with Roasted Red Pepper