Pecan Sandies are a bite-size cookie that just melts in your mouth. You will love this classic childhood cookie recipe for years to come.
- 1 cup butter - softened
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar +more for rolling
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla or Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Cream or Milk
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Pecans - finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- To a stand mixer add in your softened room temperature butter and powdered sugar. Mix for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy and fully incorporated.
- Add in your vanilla and cream and mix until combined.
- Add in your flour and salt and mix just until flour is blended into the dough.
- Finely chop1 cups of pecans. Make sure to get them as finely diced and small as you can. Big chunks aren't preferred in this recipe.
- Add in your chopped pecans and mix on the final time until well incorporated.
- Scoop out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 13-14 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- Once the pecan Sandies are cooled, place about 1/4 cup of powdered sugar in a small bowl. Gently roll around each pecan Sandie until covered with powdered sugar. Tap off any excess.
- Place on a platter and enjoy!
- Links in recipe cards are affiliate links
Slice and Bake Method
- Place the cookie dough onto wax paper, parchment paper, or plastic wrap. Form into a long evenly sized log. Wrap tightly all the way around and on the ends.
- Place in the fridge to chill for an hour.
- When ready to bake, remove from the fridge, unwrap, and slice off about a 1/4″ slice and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat with the desired amount of cookies. Place into the oven for 13-14 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
- The dough can be kept in the fridge for up to a week. Slice and bake off as many or little as you wish.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Category: Dessert - Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 10.8 mg
- Fat: 8.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.2 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 16.5 mg
Keywords: Pecan Sandies