This poblano and green chile guacamole is life changing. These delicious peppers give a fun new twist and bold flavor to a classic dip favorite. This is a crowd pleaser and takes less than 5 minutes to make. You will be addicted in no time!
- 4-6 Ripe Avocados
- 2 Poblano Peppers
- 1 - 4oz. Can Diced Green Chiles
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- 1-2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- Salt, Garlic Powder & Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- Roast the poblano peppers in a 350-degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Just until the skin is blacked and peppers are soft and fragrant. This may also be done on a grill or over a gas stove burner. Once blackened let cool while you get the other ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, add in avocados that have been scooped from the shell. Give a rough mash with the back of a fork.
- Add the can of green chiles to the bowl of avocados. Once poblanos are cooled, remove the top of the pepper and finely dice the rest (roughly about the same size as the green chile) and add to avocado bowl.
- Finely mince a small bunch of cilantro and add to bowl. Mix and mash with a fork to incorporate all the peppers and cilantro with the avocados.
- Add in lime juice. Mix. Add in a pinch of each seasoning. Mix and taste. Add each seasoning to taste (roughly 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of each). Add a little at a time to ensure you do not oversalt.
- Give one final stir and mashing. Serve right away alongside tortilla chips.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 1 day after.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 4.7 g
- Sodium: 11 mg
- Fat: 19.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.5 g
- Fiber: 10.8 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Poblano and Green Chile Guacamole