Queso chicken foil packets is a delicious and easy dinner to enjoy this summer thanks to award-winning Red Gold Tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F or grill to high.
- For each foil packet, have 4 foil pieces 16-18" in length.
- In a medium bowl, combine the drained diced tomatoes, corn, green onion, and bell pepper, set aside.
- Combine the diced chicken with the taco seasoning and too evenly coat the chicken.
- To build the packets: place 1/2 cup of the cooked rice on the bottom half of the foil sheet. Place a rounded 1/2 cup of the seasoned chicken on top of the rice. Place a rounded 1/3 cup of the vegetable mixture on top of hte chicken. Sprinkle with a 1/4 cup of the cubed cheese.
- Fold the foil over and double roll the edges to form a tight seal. This important to ensure the packets will not leak. Repeat for the other 3 packets. Place packets onto a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. If grilling, place directly on grill grate. Check the chicken temperature when 30 minutes are up, chicken should read 165 degrees F.
- Very carefully open the foil packets using scissors or a knife, there will be hot steam that will escape as you open them. Top the chicken in each packet with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Return to the oven or gill (uncovered, do not close the foil) to melt the cheese, about 5 minutes. Remove and transfer packets to plates for serving. You can eat right from the packet or spoon contents onto a plate.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking/Grilling
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 packet
- Calories: 431
- Sugar: 7.3 g
- Sodium: 773.6 mg
- Fat: 8.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.8 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 47.4 g
- Cholesterol: 135.9 mg
Keywords: Queso Chicken Foil Packet