This copycat Starbucks recipe for Roasted Red Pepper and Egg Egg White Sous Vide Bites will have you singing its praises for being able to make these at home whenever the craving hits!
- 8 Egg Whites (or 3/4 Cup of liquid egg whites)
- 1/4 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese - shredded
- 1/4 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 6 Teaspoons Roasted Red Pepper - chopped
- 2 Green Onions - finely sliced
- 1/4 Cup Spinach - finely chopped
- Fill a large pot with water and place in your Sous Vide. Turn the Sous Vide on to 172 degrees and press start to allow the water to start warming.
- In a large blender, place egg whites, cottage cheese, Monterey jack, salt, and pepper. Blend on high for 60 seconds.
- While that is blending, finely slice and chop up the spinach, green onion, and roasted red peppers.
- Spray 6 - 4-ounce mason jars with cooking spray on the inside. Add 1 teaspoon of red peppers to each jar, then evenly distribute the spinach and green onion.
- Once the egg white mixture is finished blending, pour an even amount into each jar.
- Seal each lid to just fingertip tightness.
- Place the sealed jars into the warmed water and let cook for 1 hour.
- Once finished, remove from water bath and let cool. Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- When you are ready to eat, scrape around the inside of the jar with a knife to release it from the side and turn it upside down onto a baking tray and lift. The egg bites should come right out. Place tray in a toaster oven set to roil/toast for 3-5 minutes until warmed through. Enjoy immediately! if you do not have a toaster oven, just place it in a regular oven with the top rack close at the highest placement.
- These can also be microwaved. Remove the lid and microwave in the jar for 1 minute. You can eat straight from the jar.
- You can also enjoy these cold straight out of the fridge and eaten out of the jar.
- These will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- See post for how to make in the oven and Instant Pot.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Sous Vide
- Method: Sous Vide
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sous vide bite
- Calories: 43
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 206 mg
- Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 5.3 mg
Keywords: Roasted Red Pepper and Egg Egg White Sous Vide Bites