Sous vide honey mustard chicken breast is a go-to recipe around here! Full of flavor, great for lunches and dinners, and you can't mess it up thanks to the magic of sous vide!
- 2 Pounds Chicken Breast - boneless skinless
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- In a large vacuum-sealable bag or gallon-sized zip-top bag, place the chicken breast and all the remaining ingredients inside.
- Massage around so that the chicken is well covered.
- Vacuum seal or remove all of the air out.
- Place in a large pot or cambro filled with water and an immersion circulator. Set to 150 degrees and sous vide for 2 hours. (you can cook at different lengths of time and temps - see options below).
- Once the time is up, remove it from the bag and enjoy. If desired, you can sear off in a hot cast-iron skillet with 1-2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil and sear for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
Time and Temp Options
- Very soft and juicy texture - 140 degrees for 2-4 hours (3-4 from frozen)
- Tender and juicy texture - 150 degrees for 1-4 hours (2-4 from frozen)
- Firm and Juicy texture - 160 for 1-4 hours (2-4 from frozen)
- My preferred time and temp is 150 degrees for 2 hours.
- Do not cook any longer than 4 hours. The chicken will start to break down and have a very unpleasant texture.
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
To Make Ahead
- Place all the ingredients in a vacuum-sealable bag or gallon zip-top bag and store in the fridge for up to 2 days before sous viding. Continue as directed above.
- To Freeze: place everything in a vacuum-sealable or freezer-safe bag and remove all the air. Place in the freezer for up to 2 years (if vacuum-sealed). You can place it straight from the freezer to the sous vide water bath and cook for an hour longer than when thawed - please see the times above for reference.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sous Vide
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 chicken
- Calories: 219
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 489.1 mg
- Fat: 6.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.3 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 34.1 g
- Cholesterol: 110.3 mg
Keywords: Sous Vide Honey Mustard Chicken Breast