We can't get enough of this southern blueberry cobbler around here! Juicy summer blueberries and just enough sweet southern dough, this is one of the easiest dessert recipes that I know you will love! Serve with vanilla bean ice cream and you'll be in summertime dessert heaven!
- 1/2 Stick of Butter
- 1 Pint Fresh Blueberries (roughly 2 Cups*)
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- Juice of 1 Lime + the zest
- 1/2 Cup of Flour
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Cream
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste (or 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place butter in a 9x13 baking dish. Place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes to fully melt the butter.
- In a bowl, add blueberries, sugar, lime juice, and zest. Mix to combine fully.
- In another large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla, cream, and milk. Whisk until fully combined. This should be a runny batter consistency.
- To the hot pan with melted butter, pour in batter into the pan, then add the blueberries on top. There is no need to mix or stir. Just dump in the batter on top of the melted butter, then blueberries. Everything will bake evenly in the oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla bean ice cream and enjoy!
- You can use frozen blueberries in this recipe - just use 2 cups instead of 1 pint of fresh.
- This can be made gluten-free if needed. Sub equal parts of 1-to-1 gluten-free flour instead of regular flour.
- This recipe is easily doubled if needed.
- Store leftovers wrapped tightly in plasic wrap in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 scoop
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 23.9 g
- Sodium: 37.5 mg
- Fat: 6.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.2 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 19.2 mg
Keywords: Southern Blueberry Cobbler