Summer Blueberry Kale Salad is simple but bursting with bright flavors. Enjoy alone or top it with a delicious protein for a vibrant summer meal!
- 8 Ounces of Kale -destemmed and chopped (about 4-5 big handfuls)
- 1 Pint Blueberries
- 4-6 Ounces of Trader Joe's Blueberry Goat Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Sunflower Kernels
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a small mason jar add all of the dressing ingredients.
- Place the lid on tight and shake vigorously for 10 seconds until everything is well combined.
- Taste and add salt - pepper or any other element to taste that you think is missing or want more of.
- Shake again to combine.
- Wash, dry, destem and finely chop kale. Or buy prepacked chopped kale. Add to a large bowl.
- Add about half of the dressing over kale. Gently massage the dressing into the kale with both hands until all the leaves are coated and the kale has begun to wilt slightly.
- Add in crumbled goat cheese, sunflower kernels, and blueberries.
- Toss to combine. Add fresh cracked black pepper on top.
- Serve immediately and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
- Consider adding roasted chickpeas or avocado for more topping choices.
- Serve with chicken, shrimp, salmon for a delicious and complete meal.
- This salad will keep for up to 1 day in the fridge for leftovers.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 224
- Sugar: 8.8 g
- Sodium: 159.8 mg
- Fat: 17.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.9 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 5.8 g
- Cholesterol: 8.7 mg
Keywords: Summer Blueberry Kale Salad