Summer is here and today we are making the most perfect picnic charcuterie for two! Showing how to build an easy board plus all the things you will need to pack for a picnic summer date night!
- Cheese: Pick 3-4 of your favorite cheese. Manchego, Creamy Tuscano soaked in Shiraz, blueberry goat cheese, and Kerrygold Dubliner Irish white cheddar is the cheese I used.
- Meat: Choose 2-3 different types of cured meats. I went with a variety pack that included 2 different types of salami and prosciutto.
- Fruits and Veggies: pick your favorite summer fruits like berries. I included sugar snap peas for something savory and flavorful. Mini peppers would be great to use too!
- Carbs: I just went with a simple baguette this time. You could also include your favorite crackers or any other type of bread.
- Nuts, Spreads, Fill-ins: I added some olives and dried apricots, and then packed an extra container with some more bread, Meyer Lemon cookie thins, and some fig spread.
- I used little meal prep to-go containers. Use any glass or plastic rectangle container you have. Anything will work just fine!
- Start with your cheese. Starting with the largest things first is helpful. place 3-4 different cheeses in each corner of the container. Slicing and arranging however you want.
- Add the meats. Pile a little thing of prosciutto and has the salami in little rolls or folds next to some of the cheeses. 2-3 different types of meat are what I did for this.
- Add your bread. I sliced a couple of slices of baguette and tucked them up into some cheese and meat.
- Add fruit and veggies. You will start seeing holes that need to be filled in by now. Place your fruit and veggies in any empty spots.
- Fill-ins. Lastly, look where there are holes or empty areas. Use your fill-in ingredients, like olives and dried apricots, to fill in those areas. Or add more of your favorite items to them. Keep working and stuffing until the container is full.
The biggest tip for this is that I started on the edges and worked my way in towards the middle. There is no right or wrong way to do this BTW. Have fun with it! Get creative!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Summer Picnic Charcuterie Board