Sweet chili Brussel sprouts with crispy bacon bits are life-changing! Say hello to your new favorite brussel sprout recipe. You won't be able to get enough of the salty, sweet, spicy, crunchy, addicting veggie goodness!
- 2 Pounds of Brussel Sprouts - halved or quartered
- 1 Pound of Bacon
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with foil.
- Slice each Brussel sprout in half, or quarters if large, and place on the baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and freshly cracked black pepper. Toss and make sure everything is evenly coated. Spread out in an even layer and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- While the Brussels are roasting, place a skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Using kitchen shears, cut a pound of bacon into bits into the skillet. Cook the bacon bits for 10-15 minutes until crispy.
- On a plate, layout a couple of layers of paper towels on top. Once the bacon is finished, use a slotted spoon and place the bacon bits onto the paper towels to cool.
- Once the Brussels are finished, remove them from the oven. You want to make sure they are crispy and “slightly burnt”. Not really burnt, but brown and crispy around the edges.
- Immediately add to a large bowl with the bacon bits. Pour over the sweet chili sauce and toss to combine, making sure to coat everything easily.
- Enjoy immediately while hot.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side/Vegetable
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 spoonful
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 12.5 g
- Sodium: 513.7 mg
- Fat: 13.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.8 g
- Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 7.4 g
- Cholesterol: 18.5 mg
Keywords: Sweet Chili Brussel Sprouts