BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad is the perfect salad for summer. Bursting with fresh flavors, this salad is going to be your new favorite!
2 Heads of Bib Lettuce
4 Hard Boiled Eggs - peeled and sliced
6-8 Pieces of Bacon - sliced into bits
1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Tenderloins or Thighs
- 1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Chives
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil
- 1/2 Tablespoon Fresh Dill
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Salt and Pepper
- Place the chicken in a large ziplock bag.
- Add in your favorite BBQ sauce and the spices. Close bag and move the chicken around so everything is well coated. Place in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat the grill to 350 degrees. Once the chicken is ready to go, place on the grill. Grill a couple minutes on each side depending on the thickness of your chicken. Take off the grill once the chicken has reached 160 degrees (using a meat thermometer) and place on a tray covered with foil and let rest until ready to use. If using chicken breast or tenderloins, taking off right before it is finished allows it to keep cooking while resting and not dry out. If you are using chicken thighs, just grill until they have reached 165.
- In a blender, add in all ingredients.
- Blend on high for 60 seconds until everything is well blended together.
- Taste to see if more salt and pepper are needed if so add and blend again.
- Once finished, pour into a mason jar or dressing container and place in the fridge until needed.
- Slice the bottom of the bib lettuce heads and then chop the rest of the headlong ways and down the middle, creating long thin strips of lettuce. Place in a large salad bowl.
- Peel and slice (or dice) hard boiled eggs and add to the salad bowl.
- Chop cooked and cooled bacon into pieces and add to bowl.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in quarters and add to bowl.
- Dice pieces of fresh mozzarella and add to the bowl.
- Finally, slice grilled BBQ chicken and add on top of the salad. Top with freshly cracked black pepper. You can add the dressing now, or serve everyone individually and allow them to dress as desired.
- The dressing can be made beforehand and can last in the fridge for 10 days.
- The salad toppings can be prepped a day or couple of days beforehand. You can have the hard boiled eggs cooked and peeled in the fridge as well as the bacon cooked and cooled beforehand to make assembling easy. If not, those things can be done while the chicken is grilling.
- Nutrition below does not include dressing**
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Salads
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 scoop
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 456.4 mg
- Fat: 18.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.8 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 27.1 g
- Cholesterol: 314.4 mg
Keywords: BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad with Herb Yogurt Dressing