Birthday Marshmallow Popcorn Balls are sweet and salty and so addicting! They are so easy to make and they will be a crowd favorite!
- 1 bag (10 ounces) Mini Marshmallows
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 -2 Tablespoons Oil (coconut or canola)
- 1-2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 Cup Unpopped Popcorn Kernels
- Rainbow Nonparcel Sprinkles
- In a Whirlypop or large pot with a lid, pour in oil, salt, and popcorn kernels.
- Place on stove over high heat, constantly shaking the pot.
- After 2-3 minutes you will begin to hear the kernels pop, continue to shake the pot so kernels do not burn.
- Popcorn is finished once there are a couple seconds in between each pop and the pot is filled. Take off the burner and pour into a large bowl.
- In a large pot add in butter and marshmallows and place over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally as the butter and marshmallows melt.
- After 7-10 minutes the marshmallows should be completely melted and incorporated into the butter. Whip vigorously with a wooden spoon to get rid of any remaining clumps.
- Once completely smooth remove from heat and add in vanilla, stiring to incorporate.
- Immediately pour marshmallow mixture over popped popcorn.
- Add in about 1/2 - 3/4 of a small bottle of nonpareil sprinkles immediately.
- Stir the popcorn mixture until every popcorn kernel is evenly coated.
- Spray hands with some cooking spray to prevent sticking and pack one big handful of popcorn together in the shape of a ball. Think like you are making and packing together a big snowball (see the video for reference).
- Place balls on a baking sheet and sprinkle with more sprinkles on top. Enjoy!
- This recipe post is dedicated to my brother and his birthday...Happy Birthday, Matt! This is one of his all-time most favorite treats in the world!
- Popcorn does not have to be made into balls. It can be served warm straight from the bowl (my brother's favorite way to eat, with a big wooden spoon and all 🙂 ).
- Leftovers can be kept for up to 1 - 2 days, but best enjoyed fresh. Store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 4.8 g
- Sodium: 201 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.8 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 10.2 mg
Keywords: Marshmallow Popcorn Balls