Chiles rellenos quiche is everything you love about the traditional Mexican dish in breakfast quiche form! Learn how to bake this egg quiche with green chiles and monetary jack cheese at home with this easy step-by-step recipe! The recipe uses a homemade pie crust, but a store-bought crust works well here too!
For The Pie Crust
- 1 Homemade Pie Crust OR 1 Storebought/Premade Pie Crust
For The Egg Mixture
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese - grated
- 2 - 4 Ounce Cans of Green Chiles
- Follow the directions for homemade pie crust if using.
- BLIND BAKE: for both store-bought and homemade, once your pie crust is on the pie plate, place a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper over the top, larger than the actual pie. Place pie weights or dried beans over top of the paper and spread evenly over the bottom of the shell, making sure to get all the way to the edges, corners, and sides. Place in the oven at 375 degrees for 15-16 minutes. Once finished, remove and let cool for 10 minutes. Remove the pie weights. Proceed with the recipe.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add 8 eggs and beat with a fork until the yolks are broken.
- Add in the milk, salt, pepper, shredded Monterey jack cheese, and green chiles. Mix well.
- Pour carefully into the blind-baked pie crust and place into the oven to bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until the middle is set and doesn't jiggle anymore.
- Remove and let cool for 10-20 minutes before serving.
- Leftovers can be kept covered in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 75 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 386.2 mg
- Fat: 10.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.5 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 201 mg
Keywords: Chiles Rellenos Quiche