Key Lime Pie is the perfect blend of sweet and tart and the ultimate summertime dessert! This will have you coming back for just one more slice of this smooth and creamy goodness.
- 2 Sleeves of Gramham Crackers
- 1 Stick of Melted Butter (salted)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 4 Cans of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 Eggs Yolks
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Zest (about 6 limes)
- 1 1/2 Cups Key Lime Juice*
For the Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor or blender, add in graham crackers and pulse until broken up into crumbs.
- Add in melted butter and sugar. Pulse until the crumbs, butter, and sugar are evenly mixed. It should resemble wet sand.
- Divide between 2 pie plates. Using the back of a 1 cup measuring cup, press firmly down into the pie plate, making sure to get an even bottom and around the edges.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes then remove once finished.
For the Filling
- In the same food processor or blender, add in the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, salt, lime zest, and lime juice.
- Turn blender/food pressure on until all is well combined.
- Divide evenly into the pre-baked pie crusts, making sure to get an even amount in both. Smooth over the top with a spatula then place back into the oven to back for 15 minutes, just until set
- Remove from oven and let cool completely (about an hour). Place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to chill completely before serving. Serve alongside a big dollop of homemade whipped cream! Enjoy!
- Lime juice can be used instead of key lime juice if needed. I always use zest from regular limes and the juice from them. Or you can use bottled key lime juice to make it easier as well.
- This can be enjoyed for up to 4-5 days. To freeze, bake completely, cool, and wrap tightly 3-4 times with plastic wrap. Store in the freezer for up to a month. It can be eaten straight from the freezer, it is delicious frozen and will soften as it sits out.
- Save those egg whites! They can be used to make a yummy egg white sammy or omelet!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Pie
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 467
- Sugar: 66.3 g
- Sodium: 245.6 mg
- Fat: 15.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 74.5 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 9.8 g
- Cholesterol: 85.4 mg
Keywords: Key Lime Pie